Photo Update

This post will be primarily photos that I have taken over the past several weeks.

As some of you already know, I moved to southern California. The move is proving to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. Besides the obvious perks like warm weather, better training and racing opportunities and an ocean to look at every day, one of my favorites is the mailbox. Growing up in Chicago we had a mail slot- the mail carrier came every day and put letters through a slot in the front door. If we wanted to send something out we either went to the post office or the blue box on a street corner. The only time I'd ever seen a mailbox- with a flag and everything- was in the movies. That is until I moved to Cardiff. Now, I don't have to look for a big blue mailbox or go to the post office. It is so neat! Holy cow! Think what you will but this simple minded bike rider thinks it's pretty darn cool. 
Shortly after moving, I went to Houston for an athlete appearance. The hotel I stayed in had a Chihuly piece in the lobby which I thought was pretty cool. If you haven't seen any of Dale Chihuly's work, it's absolutely amazing and unmistakeable. The event was really great and I met a ton of interesting people. Everyone was extremely nice and left me with a very good impression of Texas- it was my first time to the Lone Star state. They even had a summer concert series in the park across from the hotel.   
I'm excited about this plaid shirt that I just got. It was for a "plaid tie" wedding but I plan to wear it for other occasions.
And Finally, here's a photo I caught of a pretty cool sunset the other day. The photo doesn't quite do it justice but it's a glimpse.





Comments

  1. The red flag is for criminals,they steal your mail and have your personal info. NEVER USE IT!
    Go to the blue box on the corner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment